10 Creative Alternative Guest Message Ideas Vs. Guest Book Ideas:
- Envelop Board - This is quite easy and cheat to do, and can look quite elegant if done in the right way. Get a board about 1 meter by 800 cm, choose a color that matches your wedding colors. Get small envelopes to also match your wedding colors and stick then on the board. In the middle make a sign that says "Leave us a Note".
- Photo Canvas - Pick your favorite engagement photo and have it printed on a canvas. Make sure its a more high key photograph so there is enough space on the canvas for your guests to write on. Then after the wedding you can hang it in your house, to remember all the special messages your guests wrote for you.
- Puzzle Photo - Again pick your favorite engagement photograph and have it printed on a puzzle. Make sure the pieces are enough for all your guests to write on the back. At the wedding, assemble the puzzle, and have your guests write on the back and put into a glass jar.
- Studio Booth - If your planning on having a studio booth at your reception, have chalk boards available for your guests to write messages on. Your photographer can then take photographs of your guests with the message, and make a scrap book with the photos.
- Engagement Photo Book - From your engagement photographs, have your photographer make a guest book with photos of you two on each page. This is a special piece of memory that is similar to a guest book, but has more sentimental value.
- White Stones - Have flat white river stones, with the words "Peace, Love, Kindness, Patients, Goodness, and Faithfulness on them. On the other side of the stones, your guests can write a message and put it in a glass jar.
- Jenga Blocks - This idea will work for a more fun, informal wedding theme. Have your guests write a message on the back of the blocks.
- Initial Lettering - Have you and your partner's initials made into big letters with the letter "&". Then have your guests write a message on the letters, you can then put the letters up in your home.
- Raw Wood Sheet - Choose a raw piece of wood that you can later make into a furniture piece for your house. Let your guests write a message on the board, and put you and your partner's initials in the middle with a heart around. Then later you can make that piece of wood into a bench, or a table. This way you can remember your wedding day every time you pass by that furniture piece.
- Mounting Board Frame - Get a mounting board frame big enough to put a wedding photograph into later. Make sure the mounting boarder is wide enough for your guests to write a message on and that the board is light enough for the wording to be visible. Later you can then pick your favor wedding photograph and have it framed with the message mounting board.
I hope these ideas will inspire you to make your wedding details unique and creative. Tradition can be over rated sometimes and thinking out of the box will make sure that your guests will remember your wedding day. Remember, beauty is in the detail.