1) Message in a Bottle - Get little glass bottles with corks in them, fill the bottle with sea sand a quarter of the way. Print your invite on light brown paper and use either cream colored ribbon or a string to stick all along the top of the invitation and roll the paper up, thin enough to put into the bottles. Let the string or ribbon hang out the top of the bottle and put the cork back on.
2) Ring Box - Get little wood boxes and add wood wool as a filler for the box. Type out your invitation information on a long strip of paper about an inch wide and how ever long you want them. Take a pen or pencil and roll the strip of paper around it and take a small dot of glue to keep the roll in place. Add it to the middle of the box to make it look like a ring in a box. Add that extra touch and put you and your grooms initials on the outside of the "ring". (View: Example 1 below)
3) Heart Shaped Puzzle - Find your favorite photo of you as a couple, add your wedding information to the photos and print it on a thick card board in the shape of a heart. Get a friend to cut out a shape of a heart the same size in wood for you and cut the heart in half with a puzzle shape in the middle. Take the heart and stick the photo on top with your wedding information. Maybe use a pun on words and say "We fit like two puzzle pieces, made for each other". (View: Example 2 below)
4) Vintage Envelop - Take hessian and make an envelop out of it. Sow a button on the open side of the envelop's middle and a loop on the tip of the envelop for it to close. Use things like patterned, colorful fabric and colorful unique buttons to decorate the outside of the envelop to your liking. Get a thing light brown cardboard and print your wedding information on it to put in the unique envelop.
5) Film Canister - Get old film canisters and pull out the film inside. Use the film as a template for the size of your wedding invitation. Measure it out and don't make the "film" too long otherwise it won't go in. Take your measurements and make a long box on the computer with the same measurements. Add your wedding information in the box and print it out, cut it out and push the invite "film" into the canister. Remember to leave a lip out that says the word "Pull" for your guests to get the information out of the canister. (View: Example 4 below)
6) Flip Flop - Get white flip flops and measure out a template you add to your computer, then you take your favorite couple photo and make it fit in the template, then add your wedding information to the template too. Make sure to design two, one for the left and one for the right. Once you've printed the invites out and cut out the shape of the flip flop, cut a slip at the top by the toes to stick the invite to the flip flop. Try to use a ticker paper to the glue doesn't show through. (View: Example 3 below)
7) Tying the Knot - Take an A4 page and divide it in half via landscape. Fold it in half and on the inside of the cardboard write " Bride's name is tying the knot with Groom's name". Once you've printed out the long cards, fold them in half and make a small hole on either ends of the card when folded double. Put a red string through the one side, and make a loose knot in the middle before putting it through the other side of the card, knot both tips. If you open the card the string will make a knot that symbolizes you and your partner tying the knot. Tip: On the front to the card put your initials and your wedding information on the back or inside. (View: Example 5 below)
8) Love Business Card - Make 4 different cards with each letter of the work "LOVE" printed of the front of the cards. On the back you could either write out all your wedding information over all four cards, or you could print some special couple photos. (View: Example 6 below)
9) Balloon - Make an A6 size card with the words, "We are getting married, blow up the balloon for the wedding details, it will take your breath away". Put the text at the top of the card with your names or initials on the card as a water mark. Get red balloons and have your wedding information printed on them. The you stick the balloon to the card.
10) Lace and Ribbon - Get yourself a special cardboard with vintage texture on it. Make your invites a A5 size with all your wedding information on the one side of the card and with your initials printed as a watermark in the middle of the other side of the card. Once you've printed out the text on the cards, get some ivory or cream lace about 2 inches thick and thin ribbon about 1 cm thin that will fit your wedding colors. Stick the lace strip along the bottom and top of the card on the side you printed your initials on. Stick the thin ribbon at the bottom of the card over the lace.