10 Unique Seating Chart Ideas for your Wedding Reception:
- Clothing Line Chart - String a clothing line at different heights, with colorful shaped cards. Each line can represent a table with the names of your guests following. Use mini clothing pegs for that little cutsie effect. Match the cards' color to your wedding theme and color to personalize.
- Window Pane Chart - Get an old window pane with the amount of tables you will be having at the reception. If there is an extra pane in the window, use it to write "Find Your Seat". Write the guests' names for each table. You can use a colorful marker to write on the glass or print the names and stick them on.
- Word Search Chart - Make a word search for each couple with their name as the heading. Have them search for their table number or table name in the word search. This will also be something fun for them to do while the couple photos are being taken.
- Old Books Chart - Pick thick old books and have a book for each table. Put the number of the table on the side of each book and stack. Then put book marks with the guests' names in the designated book. This idea could work well with a vintage wedding theme.
- Sail Boat Chart - This idea could work well for a sea themed wedding. Make little card board boats and allocate a boat for a table. Then put the guests' names on the sail of the boats. Put the boats in a big tray with sea sand in it with sea shells for that something extra.
- Chalk Board Chart - You can either use small chalk boards, one for each table or one big board and divide into the table's amounts.
- Picture Frame Chart - This idea can either be used for an elegant wedding or vintage, depending on the type and style of frame you choose. To make this work, pick different sizes and shapes and colors for your frames. Allocating a frame to a table and print a list of guests to put in each frame. Vintage Frames - go for a more pastel or off white look, and use old frames that have peeling paint on them. Elegant frames - go for a clean gold or white or even silver color and they should preferable be hung on a wall or on self standing frames.
- Fruit Chart - If you are having a more vibrant wedding, this one might work well. Use a different fruit for each allocated table and make little flags with the guests names on, and pock them into the fruit.
- Mini Champagne Bottle Chart - This idea can also work for a elegant wedding theme. Have mini champagne bottles packed out on a big table with the guest's name and table number stuck to the bottles, you could even make a sticker with this information on and the wedding date, then this could double as a thank you gift. Make a sign that says "Find your seat and celebrate our Happily Ever After with us"
- Mini Cup Cakes - For a more fun and colorful idea, use mini cupcakes with little flags in them, with the guest's name and table number on them. Choose a color for the icing to be allocated to each table.
I hope these ideas will help you to think out side the box when it comes to your wedding plans. Make sure your wedding suites your personality. Remember the beauty is in the detail.