10 Ways to Choose your Wedding Colors:
- Let your Location Inspire you - Once you have chosen your wedding venue, take a few photographs and let the colors in your venue inspire your palette choices.
- Let the Season be your Guide - Depending on the season your getting married in, your colors will be greatly effected. Especially if you are planning an outdoor wedding or if a big part of your color design is dependent on flowers which might not be in season.
- Do a Little Research - By doing a bit of research on color combinations that work well together, you will find it easier to choose the colors that will compliment each other for your wedding. A tip on doing this is to flip through a few home or fashion magazines and focusing on the colors they use.
- Swatch & Compare - Once you have a few colors in mind, you could go to your local paint shop and start narrowing it down to the exact hues that will work with your season and wedding venue.Get some color swatches to keep with you as you go through your planning. Do you see your color plan coming together yet?
- Choose your Primary Color - Once you have a pallet to work off of, you can decide which color you want to use as your primary color to stand out.
- Determine the Mood - A good way to decide which color will be your primary color is to think of the emotion you want to evoke in your venue, when your guests walk in. Whimsical Romance = Bright Pink with a pastel back ground? Blushing Love = Soft Pink with a cream background pallet, with pearl accent? Calm Tranquil = Aqua Blue with a sea sand base
- Consider the Lighting - Remember that lighting plays a big part in your color design, if you go for a bright whimsical theme, moody lighting might not work too well.
- Think of the Big Picture - Another aspect of the color planning you need to keep in mind is that your bridal party need to match your color choices for the wedding. So if your going for an all pink theme, make sure your bridal party won't look like marshmallows walking down the aisle.
- Ask yourself How? - Its great to have all these ideas of what colors your going to use, now the how comes into play. Now you need to think of how you will incorporate your colors into the wedding venue. Will you use flowers to make your color palette shine or ribbon in the trees?
- Can you find Items to Purchase? - Make sure your ideas can be made into a reality that will still look certificated and elegant. Do some research on where you can find the exact color flower to match your color dream, and the vases that will not out shine your floral colors.
Now that you have a plan on how to get to your perfect colors to make your dream wedding more than a dream, get started on your Happily Ever After..............