5 Budget Friendly Wedding Decor Ideas:
- Lavender & Tulle Chair backs - Tulle and lavender are two cheap options to use in your wedding decor. As a extra bonus, lavender have a wonderful smell that will make your whole reception venue smell sweet and fresh. Choose a tulle color that will match your wedding theme and try to go with a softer color, so that the lavender bushels will not be hidden. Contract your tulle color with your chair cover colors. Cut your tulle about 40 cm wide and 1 and a half meters long. Tie the tulle around the chairs with a neat knot at the back. Take your lavender and make small bushels about 2 cm thick at different heights, and tie your lavender bushel into the tulle knot at the back of the chair.
- Tin Can with Colorful Ribbon - Collect fruit tin cans and ask your friends and family to do the same. Clean them well with thinners and hot water. Get colorful ribbons in different widths and patterns. Use a glue gun to stick the ribbon around your cans. Vary your ribbon sizes and colors to make a set of at least 3 - 4 cans per reception table. You can then either fill them with sand and small candles or a cluster of baby's breath & carnations. To get height and not make your center pieces look flat, try and use different sized tin cans.
- Upside Down Wine Glasses - You most likely won't have enough wine glasses in your cupboard to use for this project, unless your a very admit wine drinker. So my suggestion here is to either keep your eyes open for wine glass specials or ask your close friends and family if they will let you use theirs. You can also use cocktail glasses or any glass with a long stem. This ideas works best with a long table layout or if you are going to use it at round tables, go for different heights, and sizes. Get enough small candles to match the number of wine glasses you desire to use. Choose a flower with a full and round head, that will stand out underneath the wine glass. You then put your candle on top of the upside down wine glass.
- Extra Colorful Fabric Strip Chair Backs - This is another cheap alternative to using tulle and works best if you are using wood chairs or chairs with a open back. You can go to your fabric store and get a couple of meters of fabric colors that match well together. Cut them into long, thin strips, about 800 cm long and tie them to the back of the chairs individually close to each other. Use about 10 - 12 different color strips per chair for the desired effect. Colors that will work well for this is white, cream, lite brown, and chocolate or rose pink, lite pink, cream, and lite brown. Choose your color palette well to suit your wedding theme.
- Rope Wrapped Vases / Bottles - You will need different sized and shaped vases / bottles for this project. A good place to look for cheap vases / bottles will be at the thrift store or antique stores. You could even ask your grand mother for some old bottles she might have kept. Get some string or thin rope and normal glue at the stationary store. Dip the rope / string in the glue and wrap the rope / string closely together around the vase / bottle until the entire vase / bottle is covered. If you are using string you could just add the glue to the vases / bottle as you wrap it around. You can then put a long stemmed flower or even thin branches that were spray painted into the vases / bottles. This will give you great height on your tables and give you a very elegant look.