6 Reasons to have a Short Engagement:
- Less time to over think things - Just like you can over study for a test, you can over plan for a wedding. Once you have made a decision on a theme or color, keep to it. With limited time to make these decisions, it will help you not to over think your choices.
- You won't suffer from wedding burn out - Planning a wedding can be very stressful and overwhelming. With a shorter engagement there will be less of a chance that you will get burned out and tired of all the planning. With the average engagement lasting about 15 months, all the planning can get to be too much.
- You won't keep making changes - The more time you have to think about something, the more likely you are to keep changing your mind about the details. With a shorter engagement time, you have less of a chance of making constant changes, and will end up saving money.
- Your less likely to drive your wedding party crazy - When your planning your wedding day, it's on your mind constantly, and your Maid of Honor and Bridesmaids probably don't want to plan with you for more than a year.
- You probably won't go over budget - This links with over thinking the details, and making changes that will cost more money in the end. With less time to make decisions you won't keep adding unnecessary details that will only cost more.
- You get to say "I Do" sooner - This is the best reason to have a shorter engagement. Getting to say "I Do" sooner to your best friend.
So keep these reasons in mind, when deciding on a wedding date, it might just be the best choice you make. Less stress, more money, and happier friends.