8 Mistakes Brides Make When Planning an Outdoor Wedding:
- Not coming up with a back up plan - It might be your dream to have an outdoor wedding, but the weather might not cooperate with you on that dream. So if you do decide to have an outdoor wedding, speak to your venue coordinator and try and have a indoor option available.
- Getting a cake with regular icing - This might sound silly to you, but regular icing and heat are not friends. So rather opts for a more formal option such as fondant which will hold up really well in the summer heat.
- Not providing chair covers - This really depends on weather your ceremony and reception will be in the direct sun or in the shade. Keep in mind, chairs without chair covers can get really hot to sit on, especially if the chairs are a dark color.
- Serving the wrong food - Again the heat will be a factor in this situation. Try to stay away from foods that might spoil or melt in the heat. Seafood or cheese might not be a good option.
- Wearing the wrong shoes - If you are planning on getting married on a location that requires you to walk a distance, you might want to consider comfort over looks. A beach wedding will not lend itself to heals.
- Not having enough hydration - A great idea to keep your guests hydrated is to have a ice container with bottled water as a welcome gift with a cute note on it that says "Keep Cool and Enjoy the Ceremony".
- Starting the ceremony too early - Remember the heat is worst around noon, so maybe consider having your outdoor ceremony at sunset, you then have a cooler ceremony and it will be a bit more romantic.
- Not providing shelter for your guests - While your having your couple photographs taken, consider having big umbrellas or open tents for your guests while they are enjoying their welcome drinks.
These are just little things to keep in mind when planning your dream outdoor wedding. It will just make you and your guests more comfortable and help that everyone enjoys your special day more.