8 Things Brides Forget to do After the Wedding Reception:
- Preserve top layer of wedding cake - Ask someone close to you to save the top layer of your wedding cake, to freeze and enjoy with a glass of champagne on your one year anniversary.
- Collect Your Wedding Gifts - Again ask someone you trust, like a family member to collect all your wedding gifts and keep them safe for you, or to take them to your place after the reception.
- Collect Floral Decor or Wedding Extras with Sentimental Value - If you worked hard on making some of the decor items for the reception tables or rented floral vases that needs to be returned the next day, this would be an important task to delegate.
- Pick up any lost goods - After a long night of partying and celebrating, some of your guests might have left a couple of personal belongings behind. Ask a member of your bridal party or friend to be in charge of checking the wedding hall after the reception has come to a close.
- Check for any damaged property - Your venue will hold you responsible for any broken plates, or damaged items, so make sure you have a family member double check all the cutlery on the tables for anything broken or missing.
- Thank all your vendors - Even tho most if not all of them do get paid for their services for the wedding day, a thank you will definitely be appreciated.
- Pick up your Guest Book - Remember to ask a family member to take your guest book home for safe keeping. This is your memory of all your guests, and would be a shame to be lost.
- Drop off Wedding Gown to be Cleaned - If you have a special exit dress and your wedding dress will be left behind, remember to get a friend to take it to be cleaned. If done sooner rather than later, a nasty stain could be removed properly.
These are just a few things to keep in mind, to plan for, for after the wedding is all done, and the clean up as to take place. Keeping these tips in mind, might just save you money or prevent unwanted damage, if planned for properly.