Emergency Kit for Every Bride:
- Baby Powder - You might think, what on earth would I use that for? But this comes very handy if you have a small mark on your dress. You dab a bit of the baby powered on a tissue and dab in on the mark and it can disguise the stain or mark temporarily without damaging the dress. (Note: White Chalk does the same job if you don't want powder every where)
- Bobby Pins - Pretty straight forward, if a small piece of your hair has come undone right before the ceremony, or while taking couple photographs, your maid of honor can help you fix it quickly.
- Safety Pins - If either your dresses strap breaks, or the zipper of the dress won't stay up all the way at the back, you just safety pin it on the inside, and one will be non the wiser. Or if the groomsmen's pants is too long, you just fold the hem in and safety pin away.
- Black & White Thread and Needle - This is another option for fix a button that fell off, or fixing that dress strap. This comes in very handy if you need something to stay. Just don't sow the bride into her dress, as the groom might not be very happy having to cut her out later.......
- Small Bottle of Water - You would be surprised how dehydrated you can get during the day, especially in the summer. This also helps if you did not get that full 8 hours of sleep the night before because of excitement and have a bit of a headache.
- Pain Pills - Just make sure it's not too strong, so that your not able to attend your own wedding. I recommend something like Panados.
- Energy Bar - Bides never eat enough on their wedding day. So this is a bit of a back of plan just so you have enough energy to get you to the reception.
I normal give this to my bride the morning before shooting, then they can just keep it handy for those little in case moments. It helps to be prepared and it's the details that count on the photos!