What people don't always know about the really reasons, a wedding photographer needs to do a couple shoot with the bridal couple:
- Getting To Know The You: This is the most important reason in a photographers' book for an engagement shoot. Doing a couple shoot with the bridal couple before the wedding, helps the photographer to get to know the couples personalities, taste, and how they interact with each other in front of the camera.
- You Getting To Know Your Photographer: It is just as important for you to get to know your photographer's style and how he / she gives direction. This time gives you and your partner the opportunity to get comfortable in front of the camera.
- Trust: Once you have worked with your photographer, and see the vision of certain photos coming together, you will have more confidence in your photographer, when they tell you to stand a certain way or not smile. You will end up enjoying your wedding day more, just because you won't be as worried about the wedding photographs.
- Lighting test - This is not something that really crosses a brides mind, and this is more to help your photographer to get the best photographs for you. So help them out by understanding that your choice of time of day to marry makes a very big difference to your photographers planning. By doing your couple shoot at the same time, your wedding will be taking place, this helps your photographer plan the lighting set ups better.
- Composition Ideas: By shooting at the venue where you will be getting married, will help your photographer get more creative ideas for your wedding photographs. They can see what works best with your personalities and with the time of day and lighting.
To make your wedding photographs perfect, choose to do a couple / engagement shoot with your wedding photographer. This give you the advantage of knowing your photographer, and also the quality of images to expect. Remember, the beauty is in the planning.