So if it's not just for tradition, here are a few options of veils you might want to consider, to match your wedding dress style:
- Cathedral - This veil is mostly used at formal weddings, it normally goes from head right down till it drags on the floor. The option royalty seems to prefer.
- Blusher - This is more a traditional veil and usually about shoulder length. The bride will have the veil over her face until her and her partner are pronounced husband and wife. Only then can the veil be removed and the couple kisses.
- Chapel - Another veil option for a more formal wedding, goes right down till the floor or slightly shorter. Modern day traditional brides seem to prefer this option, as the length is still elegant and long, but doesn't get in the way when walking down the aisle.
- Elbow Length - This one is slightly less formal. As stated in the title, this veil goes from head to just below your elbow.
- Finger Tip Length - Lastly this type of veil is used for formal weddings as well as semi formal wedding. And as the name says, it's length is only about a finger tip's length, worn over the eyes. Normal made of a stiffer netting, to keep shape on the brides face.
Which ever looking your going for, to complete your wedding attire make sure it is comfortable, and works well with your personality and wedding theme. Make it your own, so if you have a normal veil and want that something extra, add some ivory or cream ribbon, or even add a few fine beading to make it look elegant. Remember, the beauty is in the detail.